California Consumer Privacy Act Personnel Disclosure
This California Consumer Privacy Act Disclosure (“Disclosure”) describes California Consumer rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) as applicable to certain applicants, employees, owners, directors, officers, and contractors (“Personnel”) of AmeriHome Mortgage Company, LLC (“AmeriHome”) who are residing in California. This Disclosure includes disclosure of Categories of Personal Information collected by AmeriHome and the Purposes for which the Categories of Personal Information shall be used.
This Disclosure should be read in conjunction with other applicable privacy policies that AmeriHome has adopted to comply with Privacy and Data Security Laws as well as employee handbooks and related documents that have been adopted in your jurisdiction. For additional information on applicable policies, handbooks and related documents, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
“Personal Information” – Shall have the meaning of such term or like terms set forth in the Privacy and Data Security Laws (defined below), including name, email, physical address, employee identifier, government identification, device identifier, and any other information that can be used to re-identify a person.
“Privacy and Data Security Laws” – Relevant domestic and international privacy and data protection laws governing privacy, data security, cybersecurity and Personal Data, e.g., the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 and other similar laws and regulations in the U.S., and other jurisdictions where AmeriHome has physical operations, employees or directs business (collectively, the “Privacy and Data Security Laws”).
AmeriHome shall process the Personal Information of personnel who currently work or previously have worked for AmeriHome, as well as individuals who have applied to or been recruited to AmeriHome, in accordance with Privacy and Data Security Laws.
CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
While acting as a job applicant to, an employee of, owner of, director of, officer of, or contractor of AmeriHome, the following categories of Personal Information may be collected:
- Identifiers, such as, real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers;
- Other customer records described in subdivision (e) of Section 1798.80 of the Cal. Civ. Code, which includes:
- Physical characteristics or description;
- Telephone number;
- State identification card number;
- Education, employment, employment history;
- Bank account number, credit card number, debit card number;
- Insurance policy number;
- Medical information, or health insurance information;
- Or other financial information;
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law (such as race, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, etc.) gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition (including history of cancer, genetic characteristics), military or veteran status, national origin(including language use or possession of special driver’s license), ancestry, disability (mental, physical, HIV/AIDs, cancer, genetic), genetic information, request for family care leave, request for medical leave, request for pregnancy disability leave, retaliation for reporting patient abuse, Age (over 40), familial status, receipt of public assistance, and exercising consumer rights);
- Commercial information, including records of personal property, products, or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies;
- Biometric information such as individual’s physiological, biological or behavioral characteristics (including fingerprint, voice recordings, etc.) that can be used, singly or in combination with each other or with other identifying data, to establish individual identity;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a Consumer’s interaction with an internet web site, application, or advertisement;
- Geolocation data including physical location or movements;
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory or similar information;
- Professional or employment-related information including current or past job history or performance evaluations;
- Education information (information that is not publicly available personally identifiable information as defined in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) including student records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records;
- Inferences (derivation of information, data, assumptions, or conclusions from facts, evidence, or another source of data) drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile about a Consumer reflecting the Consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
PURPOSES FOR WHICH PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY BE USED:
Accepting, processing, verifying, reporting, and maintaining Personnel data, including maintaining or servicing Personnel – related transactions, including processing applications, payroll, leaves of absence, benefit accounts (including for your dependents), analytic services, verifying information submitted, or any other permitted or requested Personnel –related transactions, and providing customer service for same, including handling complaints or disputes;
Auditing accuracy of Personnel data;
Detecting security incidents with respect to Personnel data, or protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible;
Performing services on behalf of AmeriHome or a Service Provider, including maintaining or servicing Personnel – related transactions, including processing applications, payroll, leaves of absence, benefit accounts (including for your dependents), analytic services, verifying information submitted, or any other permitted or requested Personnel –related transactions, and providing customer service for same, including handling complaints or disputes;
Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration with respect to Personnel data;
Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service, or to improve, upgrade or enhance the service to the Personnel;
Short-term or transient use, provided that the personal information is not disclosed to another third-party and is not used to build a profile about a Consumer or otherwise alter an individual Consumer’s experience outside the current interaction, including, but not limited to, the contextual customization of ads shown as part of the same interaction;
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding this California Consumer Privacy Act Personnel Disclosure and/or our privacy practices, please send an email to email@example.com.